Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Poll regarding Finger Pokes on Realdolls and Boytoys.

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Did your doll get a finger poke?

Delivered in 2013 - No finger pokes
14%
Delivered in 2013 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, but there was a substantial impact on the finger.
7%
Delivered in 2013 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, with little impact on the finger.
5%
Delivered in 2012 - No finger pokes
2%
Delivered in 2012 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, but there was a substantial impact on the finger.
5%
Delivered in 2012 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, with little impact on the finger.
7%
Delivered in 2011 - No finger pokes
7%
Delivered in 2011 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, but there was a substantial impact on the finger.
5%
Delivered in 2011 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, with little impact on the finger.
14%
Delivered in 2010 - No finger pokes
5%
Delivered in 2010 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, but there was a substantial impact on the finger.
2%
Delivered in 2010 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, with little impact on the finger.
2%
Delivered in 2009 - No finger pokes
No votes
Delivered in 2009 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, but there was a substantial impact on the finger.
2%
Delivered in 2009 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, with little impact on the finger.
5%
Delivered before 2009 - No finger pokes
2%
Delivered before 2009 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, but there was a substantial impact on the finger.
7%
Delivered before 2009 - Yes, my doll got a finger poke, with little impact on the finger.
7%

Total votes: 42

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Poll regarding Finger Pokes on Realdolls and Boytoys.

Post by AlexKnight »

I recently saw a comment regarding finger pokes, and seeing my Wicked Realdoll is almost 2 years old, and hasn't had a single finger poke, I wanted to start a poll to see if there's a pattern, or just good old luck.

The delivery year is when the doll was delivered to the original owner.
Second-hand purchased dolls can be entered in the poll, but only if you know for certain the doll was originally delivered in a certain year.

Boytoy Dolls can be entered too, as they're basically from the same maker.

18 options can be chosen, I hope that's enough for our multi-Realdoll owning members.
Please fill in the poll honestly.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Poll regarding Finger Pokes on Realdolls and Boytoys.

Post by Supersoul »

There is probably a lot of factors involved, I voted 2011 yes with little impact. Jade has had many pokes, but they are easily repaired and her fingers look fine. But in context she is heavily used in her primary roll, in many positions and is also dragged around for many photoshoots so I'm not worried, maintenance and learning to work with silicon is just part of it for me. I am careful with her and as time has gone on they have become much less frequent.

It would be interesting to see if certain body types are more prone to this as well. Its also not just applicable to Real Dolls, it would seem most if not all high end dolls with finger wires are prone to this damage.

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

I just voted, I checked the boxes for 2013-2012-2010 no finger pokes.
But with 5 dolls, 4 wickeds and 1 RD1 I'm glad you can check multiple options.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Erica, my Real Doll has had a badly damaged finger but no finger pokes over the years.Courtney, my Boy Toy has had many pokes but are easy to fix. :D Like Supersoul said if you tote them around and poise them it's the cost or doing business.

DNA

Post by DNA »

Have a beautiful B10 Tammy, amazing big girl, perfect for me.

Only 6 months and 4 of the fingers are ripped up.

At the end of the wire swages are exposed razor sharp strands.

The first time I got stabbed by a wire I was not too happy.

With all respect to the master craft persons and genius design and work of art:

I am perplexed because when it comes to preparing the wires they decide to give the village idiot a go at it.

After all that goes into the preparation of creating a RD, why do they assign finger wires to the retard?

If the wire protrudes from the end of the swage, it must be trimmed. If it is still sharp, then you must apply solder and then file to a smooth finish.

Please don't tell me you refuse to use solder because of some ridiculous California environmental regulation.

Now I have to open and finish all the wire ends and attempt to restore all 10 fingers, and buy another tube of expensive Silpoxy.

Sorry about the insults, but the QA is weak in the finger wire department. A $6000.00 product, attention to detail is important.

Otherwise, RDs are awesome and I'm a happy customer.

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

It still baffles me how owners can get so many finger pokes and foot damage... well let me re-phrase this... at least the one's I've seen for sale.... 8O

I only had one finger poke with Brittany and that was only because I wasn't paying attention as I was posing her and finger was pushing against the bed. So i do know how finger pokes can happen but some of the pokes I've seen lately have been really bad... :cry:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

I´m not qualified to poll as Brigitte is a mechadoll, but she has some finger pokes as well. I guess Alex may have gotten the idea for the poll from FlashGordoll´s thread about his idea to solve the problem of finger pokes on his mechadoll Izzy.
Dollarhide is right, I´m sure I would have been able to avoid most if not all pokes if I would have been more careful and if I would have been aware of the problem of finger pokes at all when I got Brigitte.
I was so dumb not be a forum member so it was pure trial and error handling my Brigitte right from the start. As she is my first doll I just didn´t pay attention to her fingers when carrying her around which I do a lot. I´v learned to fix them with Silpoxy, but I learned to pay attention to her fingers so it hardly ever happens.
If someone is aware of the problem and is as careful as he should I´m sure you´ll get away without finger pokes even if you use your doll a lot.
I´m pretty sure that I´d be able to avoid them all together with a new doll. I can just pity my cute Brigitte and assure her that I do love her still and that every poke, scar, mark or defect just makes her unique and special and that she´s not a bit less attractive to me.
Guess we are an old couple already,
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

shimu3z
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by shimu3z »

I do not have my MRD2 yet. I was told that the finger pokes are being addressed and do not happen so much with the new bodies, but one must use some caution when handling the hands. I can not be part of the poll, obviously, but I'll be interested to see how my guy does in holding up hand wise.
shimu3z

Life may not be what you want but it will be what you make it.

TheMan01
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TheMan01 »

I wonder if many people just order them without the finger wires.

I ordered a doll from a different manufacturer recently and specifically requested not to have the wires because of finger poke concerns.

Nyarlat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nyarlat »

Voted "2011, no pokes" She is an RD2, received her second hand about a month ago and after moving her around for that month I can see very easily how finger pokes can happen. Multiple times I've looked down and saw the silicone part of her fingers bent around the wire, but no pokes yet.

AirDollPlushDoll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AirDollPlushDoll »

I have seen some brands of silicone dolls with no wires in the hands. the fingers are some what floppy but I think I like that idea better than skeletons in the hands that finger poke. I would assume others have seen the high end dolls with no skeletons in the hands right? I wonder if real doll will ever get rid of the finger skeletons. I would rather they not have them in the hands when I get mine.
my dream has come true. I finally got a silicone doll. a ruby 13. her name is destiny angel. aka princess destiny.

Fenrisulfr
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fenrisulfr »

I've used my Boytoy for quite a bit of photography, it's not the dressing/undressing that's been the problem but altering her positions, such as turning her over on the bed. A slight brush is all it takes.
Some folks are going to participate who never do anything really drastic movement wise with their dolls so never get pokes, which will throw things out a bit for the poll.
"I don't have dirty thoughts.............I have unapologetically normal thoughts which happen to be intensely erotic."

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

AirDollPlushDoll wrote:I have seen some brands of silicone dolls with no wires in the hands. the fingers are some what floppy but I think I like that idea better than skeletons in the hands that finger poke. I would assume others have seen the high end dolls with no skeletons in the hands right? I wonder if real doll will ever get rid of the finger skeletons. I would rather they not have them in the hands when I get mine.
If you don't want finger wires, this can be requested, and they'll create the doll for you without them.
Fenrisulfr wrote:I've used my Boytoy for quite a bit of photography, it's not the dressing/undressing that's been the problem but altering her positions, such as turning her over on the bed. A slight brush is all it takes.
Some folks are going to participate who never do anything really drastic movement wise with their dolls so never get pokes, which will throw things out a bit for the poll.
So far, the poll is pretty much the same through the years, which I kinda expected, because as you say, not all people use their doll the same way.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

A little late for the poll, but I thought I'd add my two krone, as it could be usefull. When Sharon arrived she had an almost finger poke straight out of the box; the silicone of her pinkie 'fingernail' was real thin. It did poke through eventually but I fixed it easily enough by replacing the sili-nails with store bought acrylic ones (which I was planning on doing anyway).

This is something I would recommend Abyss make standard practice with all their dolls, it would save a lot of grief.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Anassilao
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Anassilao »

My Loly (delivered 2011) has only a little finger poke on right thumb.
In my case, this little problem was due to my inexperience in handling her.
Loly is my first realdoll.

But problem was resolved by pulling the thumb and putting a few drops of "silicone repair kit" inside hurt.
Just be careful to raise hands when moving the doll, to have no problems.

INFORMATIONS