Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

shipping to Australia - customs fees, import duties, taxes..

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

Sounds like you've got a decision to make Superdude.

Whatever you decide, whether its money in the bank or a doll in the house, then only you can make it. If you do get a doll you won't be alone mate. There's always plenty of help from this forum and the more Aus owners there are the more local help there will be.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

playtime wrote:G'day everyone,......

Also once we get more Down here we could have a BBQ get together like others do,...

I have been to House of Bulger and the pics of the RD thay have is in my Gallery....

Playtime.
A get together sounds good - maybe one day.

That RD that Bulger had was sold late last year/early this year for $5500. Not a bad deal although she had a flat butt as you could imagine from sitting permanently on that wooden stool. They go to the trouble of putting her in a glass case then don't get a decent chair?
Mechwizard

RuzzleDarling

Post by RuzzleDarling »

Bangaroo wrote:G'day, I'm old timer too.
Btw, I'm Bangaroo. I did too though of getting RD myself for long time. But I think RD is too expensive to bring into Australia.

It's far cheaper to bring Japanese doll to here and considering they are lot easier to handle.

For these people trying to import foreign love dolls, try to make deal with agent rather than dealing with custom yourself as pointed by RuzzleDarling.
Gooday Bangaroo!! It's good to see some Aussies making unexpected appearances on the forum. Nice to know there may be more of us than we reckoned!!

NOTE TO ALL>>>>> Abyss send by Seko International. Their Australian shipping agents are ACF (Australian Customs & Forwarding.) You don't need to even chase them - if you gave Abyss a phone contact number, ACF will ring YOU when dolly lands at airport. Can't be much easier!!

I haven't imported from Japan, so I dunno how the shipping goes. BUT >>>>>>>> Price-wise, you will still be up for freight, PLUS similar amounts for duties, taxes, etc.

And aren't the Japanese dollies about the same cost in Oz dollars????

Freight MAY be less, because I believe they come in a cardboard box, so ought to be less bulky and less heavy???

And weight-wise - with the recent weight reductions at Abyss, several of the RealDolls are down to 38 kgs - not quite as light as Japanese dolls, but very easy to handle. I have a Body 2 at that weight, and she's very chuck-able compared to my year-old Body 1 at 45 kgs.

And then there's my VERY old (personal) body which is FAR too heavy at 90 kgs.......

Hope we can all keep in touch!!

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,.......

RD $6,500.00
Shiping $1,050.00
Total $7,550.00
Converted to Aussie dollar
$8,200.00
Thats what you are looking at aprox with fluctuating exchange rates.
Not to bad realy,......
I have the custom code so you can inport her as a dress makers Maniquin,..
NO import duty on her then!
just tell abyss toput the code onand all should be well,...another aussie imported his doll with this code and all went without a hitch.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

echidna
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by echidna »

This is all good information. Playtime, your comment about having it imported as a dress makers' mannequin to avoid import duty is interesting. Thats worth knowing a bit more about, for example, what component of the fees is the import duty? I would imagine the GST is going to constitute the largest chunk of the fee's, or have I got it wrong? Would you need an ABN to qualify as a 'dress maker' in tax mans eyes?

I am currently thinking of the following order, though its by no means final.

1 x Female RealDoll
Body 3
Face 12 "Britney"
Medium Skin Tone
Upgraded Light Blue Eyes ( $350)
Natural Eye Shadow
Medium Eye Liner
Blue Eye Liner
Apricot Lips
French Manicure Nails
Hair Style 0703
Brunette Hair Color
Trimmed Pubic Hair
Auburn Pubic Hair Color
Brunette Human Hair (+$150)

Extra wigs (Style 0707 - Medium Blonde $75

Face 4 "Smiling Leah"

With the following Specifications:
Face 4 "Smiling Leah"
Medium Skin Tone
Upgraded Teal Green Eyes ( $350)
Light Eye Liner
Slate Eye Shadow
Grey Eye Liner
Natural Lips

Silicone Repair Kit (Medium)
Labia Repair Kit (ST: ME, BODY: 3)

doll $6999USD
wig $75USD
extra face $850USD
repair kits $80USD
shipping $1050USD

subtotal $9054USD or approx. $9530AUD @ 0.95 US cents to 1 AUD
plus bank-to-bank wire fees of ????
plus GST of $800AUD (on good svalued at $8004USD)
plus other duties of , say, $300 - $400 AUD
plus shipping from airport to house of , say, $500

total roughly $10,750AUD

I'm also interested in the tan lines feature. Haven't got all the info on that option yet though.

echidna
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by echidna »

oopps, I knew there is a reason I am not an accountant. My math sucks. I think its $9530+843GST+$500shiptohouse+$400 or so in other taxes + bank fees, makes it about $11500AUD give or take a few hundred bucks. Oh yeah, less the $150 for paying Abyss in full....hmmmm

RuzzleDarling

Post by RuzzleDarling »

echidna wrote:oopps, I knew there is a reason I am not an accountant. My math sucks. I think its $9530+843GST+$500shiptohouse+$400 or so in other taxes + bank fees, makes it about $11500AUD give or take a few hundred bucks. Oh yeah, less the $150 for paying Abyss in full....hmmmm
OK Echidna, ya wants the gory details, here they are!!!
From my dolly arrival 03/03/08, invoice from ACF...inc. GST...
Import terminal fee $ 71.50
Airline document fee $ 36.30
Terminal handling charge $ 44.55
Air cargo automation fee $ 16.50
CMR (??) fee $ 27.50
GST on customs entry $360.72
Quarantine tradegate fee $ 54.20
Quarantine permit fee $ 33.00
Quarantine attendance fee $ 38.50
CMR (??) fee (again!) $ 27.50
ACF agency fee (cheap!) $ 104.50

Total payable at arrival... $814.77.

So there ya go!

Best if you don't ask too many questions about the amount of the GST - it's calculated on the declared "value" of the goods.

RuzzleDarling

Post by RuzzleDarling »

echidna wrote:oopps, I knew there is a reason I am not an accountant. My math sucks. I think its $9530+843GST+$500shiptohouse+$400 or so in other taxes + bank fees, makes it about $11500AUD give or take a few hundred bucks. Oh yeah, less the $150 for paying Abyss in full....hmmmm
Oh yeah - there's no item anywhere that says "import duties" so the goods description as " 1 pkg of Silicone Display" seems to be a handy one!!!

echidna
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by echidna »

You're a good man Ruzzle, ... the devil is in the details.

Now, if I don't procrastinate too much I may have dolly showing up in time for Xmas drinks and merry making.

parting with the bucks is the painful part but , god damn, trying to choose between so many options, hell....I want one of each thankyou very much !

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,......

I just did a finacial reveiw of my own situation and I have a VERY SLIM chance of saveing the funds to order my Kaori by Sept/Oct,....
This friday just gone I should have sent my coins off to pay for her,...
I forgot the reminder I set in my phone and it went off while I was at work on friday,....
Just a subtle reminder of the slight fiscal dissaster I suffered 1.5 weeks from sending for her,...!

So now the saveing starts again,...

Lets see who gets their Doll before Christmas then!
8)

Playtime.

Kaori's Antics

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

Sounds like you're committed echidna, lots of options there and the B3 doll is a real doll. Very nice. :D

Good luck with the saving Playtime. :wink:
Mechwizard

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,.......

Mechwizard wrote: Good luck with the saving Playtime. :wink:

Thanks mate,....

At this point in time I could use all the luck I can muster.

Playtime.

Kaori's Antics

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

echidna wrote:This is all good information. Playtime, your comment about having it imported as a dress makers' mannequin to avoid import duty is interesting. Thats worth knowing a bit more about, for example, what component of the fees is the import duty?
According to the Customs Tariff Schedule 3, Section 20, Chapter 96/8, Reference number 9618.00.00 which descibes:

TAILORS' DUMMIES AND OTHER LAY FIGURES; AUTOMATA AND OTHER ANIMATED DISPLAYS USED FOR SHOP WINDOW DRESSING

These are free of customs duties, which is normally 5% for most imports.

A customs agent would know the ins and outs, and I'd say if the paperwork was done by an agent it would be less likely to be questioned.

Sometimes I think the third world system is better - just rock up in person, slip the customs official $200 under the counter and all the paperwork goes away.
Mechwizard

deafleopard
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by deafleopard »

Hi echidna
Just letting you know I'm down under too, I have 3 dolls one realdoll, one mypartydoll and one Mechadoll got all with a Agent no probs :D
Sincerely,
Deafleopard

You don't stop playing with dolls because you grow old. You grow old because you stop playing with dolls.

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

As one unique Aussie monotreme mammal to another, congratulations on your order, Echidna. Yet another Aussie Realdoll. Good to see.

I brought Kimiko in myself in June 2005, but I'd had some experience with import/export. It was pretty smooth, although time-consuming while I found my way through the system (especially finding the right import code). An agent will be easier - just a phonecall.

And with the Aussie dollar the way it is now, your doll will have been cheaper to buy than Kimiko was.

Good to see an Aussie/Kiwi thread here. Does anyone know how many Realdolls there are down under, or on order? I doubt it's as many as 50 though. Are there even any at all in NZ?

I count about six Aussie RDs here in the forum at the moment...

Regards,

Al, Kimiko and Yoshiko
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a RealDoll is worth a thousand pictures

INFORMATIONS